Looking for a petrol filling station business plan for your new or existing enterprise in Nigeria or anywhere globally?
Download this footwear petrol filling station business plan, which you can download to present to NIRSAL, BOI, BOA, and other investors.
HOW TO START A PETROL STATION BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
Starting a petrol station business in Nigeria can be a lucrative venture, but it requires careful planning and compliance with regulatory requirements. Here are the general steps to start a petrol station business in Nigeria:
- Conduct a feasibility study: Before investing in a petrol station business, conduct a thorough feasibility study to determine the viability of the business. Assess the market demand, competition, location, and profitability of the business.
- Obtain necessary permits and licenses: Contact the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in Nigeria to obtain the necessary permits and licenses for your petrol station. These may include a permit to construct the station, a license to store and sell petroleum products, and environmental permits.
- Secure a suitable location: Choose a location for your petrol station that is easily accessible, has good traffic flow, and is located in an area with a high demand for fuel. You will need to lease or purchase the land for the station.
- Construct the station: Engage the services of a reputable construction company to build your petrol station. Ensure that the station meets the regulatory requirements of the DPR and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
- Equip the station: Purchase equipment such as fuel dispensers, fuel tanks, generators, and other necessary equipment for the petrol station.
- Hire staff: Hire qualified and experienced staff to manage the station, including attendants, cashiers, and supervisors.
- Stock inventory: Purchase petroleum products from approved sources and stock them at your station. Ensure that your inventory management system is robust and efficient.
- Advertise and promote the station: Develop a marketing plan to promote your petrol station business to attract customers. Use advertising channels such as social media, billboards, and local newspapers to promote your station.
- Ensure compliance: Ensure that you comply with all regulatory requirements of the DPR and other relevant government agencies. Conduct regular safety checks and maintenance of the station to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of your customers and staff.
Starting a petrol station business in Nigeria requires a significant capital investment, but with careful planning and proper management, it can be a profitable venture.
BUSINESS PLAN TEMPLATE FOR PETROL FILLING STATION
1.0. Company Summary:
Enertec is a registered and licensed petrol filling station. The station will be located in Ilorin; the fuel station will be situated along major roads in Ilorin strategically positioning it yards before bus stations and motor parks making Unity and Eyenkorin a target. The gas station will be seeking to expand its network so it can offer its services in major cities all around Nigeria.
The gas station will be entrusted to retail its products services and will retail petroleum byproducts used in motor engines like petrol (PMS), diesel, and engine oil, it will also retail denser petroleum products like kerosene (AGO). The gas station will also provide more services for cars which include car wash services, vulcanizing services, wheel balancing, and alignment services, and also other automobile-related services.
Rallying customers to our side is the key to success in business, this will be ensured by making our services impeccable and customer-centric, then we will ensure quality in our products and services, we will e open to adapting o use the latest technology so it becomes easy to use and welcoming for consumers, our customer service and other complementary services will position us to become the most preferred petrol station wherever in Nigeria we are set up.
Customer service is one of the tools in our inventory we plan to develop to the extent of having a one on one relationship with our clients so we can inform them of any developments or hold contests among them to bolster our relationship with our customer base and this will be possible with the aid of a CRM software that will help in managing the one on one relationship no matter how many they may be, the idea is to make them feel less a customer and more part of a community.
2.0. Products and Services
Our products and services will not only meet the demands of our customer base but will satisfy them and will, in turn, make money for the company. The products and services we will be offering are listed below;
- Cooking Gas
- Engine Oil
- Automobile Services
3.0. Goals and Objectives
The objectives set are geared towards helping us achieve the long-term goal of becoming the leading and most sought-after petrol station and automobile services procurer in the country and even beyond the borders of the country. This will be our aim while we provide quality products maintaining hygiene in all branches across the country, ensuring our customer gets their money’s worth and at the same time providing economic value to our customers and partners thereby satisfying them and also maintaining honesty in our pricing.
Our objectives are listed below;
- Customer satisfaction
- Expand our tentacles by situating at least 2 new branches in strategic places across the nation every year
4.0. Materials and Equipment
The equipment and materials needed in this business might demand a lot of cash; they are listed as follows;
- Fuel pumps
- Underground Storage Tank
- Standby Generator
5.0. Our Competitive Advantage
As in other industries, there are other companies that offer the services we offer but in order to garner trust and rally consumers to our side we have taken into consideration a few points which we will work on so as to ensure uniqueness and make sure our services are sought amongst others;
- Our services will be high quality and this will prompt consumers to buy from us
- Excellent and customer care services
- Fair and best prices
How To Download Gas Station Business Plan Template
Above is a part of the Gat station business plan template in Nigeria. If you want the complete gas station business plan sample with the full financial plan, calculations, and more, follow the procedures to download it.
Pay the sum of N8000 (eight thousand naira only) to the account detail below:
Name: Oyewole Abidemi (I am putting my name and not our company account so you know we are real people and you can trust us)
Thereafter, send us your email address through text message to +234 701 754 2853. The text must contain the title of the business plan you want and also your email address. Immediately after the confirmation of your payment, we will send the gas station business plan template in Nigeria to your email address where you can easily download it.